USING GOOGLE ANALYTICS TO MAKE SITE REVISIONS:
Once new users come to your site, make sure they find what they came for.
Ask for each page:
Are visitors reading?
Are visitors staying on the page?
Are they leaving the site from the page?
Are visitors involved with the page?
Is this page informative enough to pass on?
Is this page ‘news’ for a potential client?
Does it allow decision makers to download and/or easily email (forward) information
about the partners, their successes, their reputation within the industry, their
publications, their professional credentials and their ongoing newsworthy
IDEAS FOR INCREASING TIME ON PAGE:
1. adding news to the homepage slideshow;
2. adding video to the section on Principals (badly named page — what is a principal?
who uses that word? who searches for Principals on google?)
3. Adding pdf files with more sendable info
4. Compiling & ADDING downloadable PDF FILES (in a colorfully obvious way) to
5. Add a Questions? Comments? link to a contact form at the end of specific
paragraphs inviting visitors to ask about specific things.
6. Preparing and Publishing additional MENU pages which target specific market
segments and provide those segments with relevant information: 3+
7. Integrate a twitter feed on your home page so the home page is picked up by news feeds
Demo: Using Google Analytics:
Using WordPress Analytics Plug ins
Demo: Using Webmaster Tools
Demo: Using GOOGLE ANALYTICS
Setting up GOOGLE ANALYTICS GOALS: https://yoast.com/setting-google-analytics-goals/
February 22, 2016